Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More on "Nice to Swallow"

From: donley@blake.acs.washington.edu (Erik Olson)
Date: 28 Sep 89 19:20:01 GMT
Subject: Re: More on "Nice to Swallow"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This is just a brainstorm on the whole "Nice To Swallow" issue, but
I happened to notice that all the titles mentioned in the quote that
|>oug reprinted were ABBREVIATIONS, or shortened title names.  I don't
know specifically how Kate likes to refer to her works, but I have found
that in productions I have been involved in, we often start using
abbreviations or nicknames or silly puns to refer to the actual titles.
SO maybe "Get Out" is what she used as the working title to "Get Out of
My House" and (who knows?) "Nice To Swallow" could have been a bad pun
used as a working title in the studio.  Not entirely impossible.

(I, for one, did think that it must have been the interviewer, but it
 seems on further reflection POSSIBLE...)

     - Erik Olson, improvised signature
       donley@blake.acs.washington.edu
"Try and find significant meaning in this, ha ha..." - me