Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Canadian _TSW_ news; misK. Thoughts

From: turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 12:23:46 EDT
Subject: Re: Canadian _TSW_ news; misK. Thoughts
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tippi --

Just a correction: you mention how 4 of the 6 songs on TKI side B
have the love/sex/lust theme, which would be fine, except that there
are seven songs on the side.  You've left out my favorite one!

TKI Side B:

	James and the Cold Gun
	Feel It
	Oh To Be In Love
	L'amour Looks Something Like You
	Them Heavy People
	Room For A Life
	The Kick Inside

I especially like the progression Feel It, Oh To Be In Love, L'amour.
Feel It describes a sexual encounter, Oh To Be In Love expresses some
regret as to its occurrence (the morning after), L'amour is bittersweet
recollection of the event, the longing that remembrance of it has
fostered.  I don't as much see Room For A Life as part of the progression
(which is interrupted by Them Heavy People) or even The Kick Inside for
that matter.

Anyway, just my own perceptions.

Jenn