Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More implorings...

From: Brian Patrick Arnold <ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 89 19:03:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: More implorings...

Hi y'all,

   you know, I think I'm gonna call up radio stations asking they NOT
play anything new by Kate because it sucks.  Yeah, that's what I'm
gonna do...

   I'm gonna tell all my friends the new Kate single stinks, and,
and I'm gonna tell them that in fact her whole album is "unglued"
like, yeah, that other guy wrote in a previous message, and tell
'em her voice is wretched too...yeah.

   Oh and I'm gonna write a letter to my college newspaper saying
her album really bites, yep.  And, yeah.  Maybe I'll even become a
DJ and NOT play her new stuff, wouldn't that be great...yeah.

   Naah, I think I'll stay on planet Earth a little bit longer.
Aren't these "lets buy a million copies of her new album" types of
requests getting a little bit silly?  Play the album a lot on your
local radio station, buy a jillion copies of the LP etc., I don't
care, but let the listeners decide, please, don't force it down
their throats!

    It's quite possible that normal people think of Kate's music in
the same way I think of a soap opera star's music, and frankly
I'd hate to hear a soap opera star's music all the time (hence
I don't listen to top-40).  It's quite possible some people
dislike Kate's voice in the same way some people dislike Geddy
Lee's voice.  Oops, I might be walking in the slander zone...

- Brian