Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: mergvax!scudero@decvax.dec.com (Ken Scudero)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 89 15:48:29 EDT

Subject: KaTe Sensual World Promo
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello, Love-Hounds! This is a second attempt at my first-time posting
(the first attempt on 9/15 bounced back ... didn't realize it should
be sent to the moderator), so please, try to keep the flames to a minimum!
ThanKs. :-)

Got a call at my office the other day from a friend who introduced
me to KaTe's music back in '85. Seems she got a Promo tape of
_The_Sensual_World_ from CBS, and wanted to know if I wished
to hear it!! Rushed right over after work for a quick listen ...

(ThanK KaTe for ear plugs ... I can hear IED screaming from here!!) :-)

The cover is a high-contrast black-and-white picture of KaTe's
lovely face (holding what appears to be a white rose!) against
a black background (which makes it difficult (at least for me)
to discern her long, flowing hair.) Forgot to look for the KT
logo ... I assume it's there somewhere!

My friend informed me that the tape and (soon to be released) CD
have bonus track(s) not present on the LP.
(LP ??? They still make those things ???) :-)

Posters are on the way, and she was kind enough to order some
extras for me.

I only heard the tape once and was unable to listen closely for
lyric content. However, I can confidently say that _Rocket's_Tail_
and _Love_and_Anger_ are two tracks I can't wait to play at home!

My friend had only two misgivings ...

1) She feels that after four years, KaTe should have released a double-set !!
   (I said, "Let's be happy we got this much!!") :-)

2) She feels the release sounds "monochromatic" (her exact description for it.)
   I think it's probably because she played it a zillion times already.
   (IED .... ARRRRGH!!!) :-)

I hope that I have not spoiled any of the anticipation of the new
release for anybody, as that is _NOT_ my intention. I have been
waiting patiently (as I know you all have) for this release, and just
happened to have a friend who was in a position to give me a preview.
I've been reading Love-Hounds for only a few months, and wanted to
give _SOMETHING_ back in return for all the wonderful news, insights,
and other KaTe goodies (like the bitmap images, interviews, etc.)

I am not going to reveal any more at this point (e.g. track titles),
but if some of the _REALLY_ knowledgeable Love-Hounds aren't too upset
with this posting, I may make an effort to become an active participant.