Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

k O M P U t E R W A R N I N G ! H I, K A T E ! ! !

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 89 21:31 PDT
Subject: k O M P U t E R W A R N I N G ! H I, K A T E ! ! !

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick

     IED has just finished speaking with Vickie, of Kansas City. She is
the dj of the KC, MO radio programme called "Suspended in Gaffa"
(Saturday nights, 10-12 p.m.), and next week she will give several
tracks from Kate's new album their U.S. (world?) premieres, so
all Love-Hounds in the KC, MO area are advised to tune in Saturday
night.
     But that's not the warning! The warning comes from Vickie, who
has been listening to the new album all afternoon. She alerts all
Love-Hounds that one song on the album, called _Deeper_Understanding_,
is about _USING_THE_COMPUTER_!!!!
     Apparently you can even hear her booting up! So everyone watch
out! Kate is probably listening in!!! HI, KATE! WE'RE ON TO YOU NOW!!!

-- Andrew Marvick
   Other descriptions of the new album: the track that was heard
very briefly and in a rough version on the _Rhythms_of_the_World_
programme last March in the UK is the song called _Rocket's_Tail_,
and it is described as _extremely_ "weird", and "hard for even
the most diehard Kate fans to adjust to." IED doesn't quite know
what was meant by that. In all, three of the tracks feature the Trio
Bulgarka on backing vocals.