Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne Vega

From: "Mike Pritchard" <mpp@uf.msc.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 89 23:44:26 CDT
Subject: Suzanne Vega

While searching the local record shops for any new Kate items, I ran
across a live Suzanne Vega album that I've never heard of before.
It is an Australian import and the title is "Suzanne Vega Live in London 1986."
It contains "Left of Centre" (not a typo, they used the British spelling),
"Neighborhood Girls", "Straight Lines", "Black Widow Station" (which I've
only heard on the Bravo special), "Knight Moves" and "Cracking".
A sticker added by the record shop stated "Limited edition" for whatever
that is worth.

Now I'm wondering what other Suzanne Vega items may be out there?
Anyone have a complete list?  Here is what I know of:

Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega
Solitude Standing
Suzanne Vega Live in London 1986.
Left of Center from the "Pretty in Pink" sound track.
3" CD-single w/ Luka, Left of Center (live), and Neighborhood Girls (listed
	as live, but really the studio cut).
10" Marlene on the Wall, Neighborhood Girls, Small Blue Thing (live),
	Straight Lines (live)
12" Gypsy, Cracking (live), and Night Moves (again, not a typo - it is
	listed as Night moves on the jacket, but it is correct on the label).
12" Tom's Diner, Left of Center, Tom's Diner (live), and Luka (live)
12" Luka, Straight Lines (live), and Neighborhood Girls (live)

And so we don't repeat the discussion that took place in rec.music.cd
a week or two ago, here is a list of Suzanne Vega CD-Singles as supplied
by Jerry Boyajian (boyajian@ruby.dec.com):

--
Mike Pritchard
Internet: mpp@msc.umn.edu