Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mabye we should take aup a collection??

From: Steven C. Blair <sblair@riacs.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 89 12:42:34 pdt
Subject: Mabye we should take aup a collection??

Have we discussed and I jell-ed out and missed possibly taking up
a collection and getting on of our UK friends to purchase Kate's
new album? Mabye you, IED would be willing to be the pivot person?
We know the following:
	album availibility
	dollar->pound conversion rate
	shipping charges
	that it'll get here a helluva lot quicker that waiting
	on scummy record exec's to decide if there's enough $$'s
	in it.

I went to several local stores this morning. I was not surprised that
they didn't know a new album was available. What did surprise me was
that several said" UNLESS there's several(more than 1) million albums
sold overseas, that it'll be 4-52 weeks before we might see it here.
That sucks, pure and simple.

food for thought rom the left coast...

Steven C. Blair		7651 Fairoaks Drive Pleasanton, Ca 94566
UNIX is me.........	(415) 426-0942 days and nights(*currently*)
sblair@hydra.riacs.edu	{sun, ucbvax, ames, decwrl}!riacs!sblair