Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

oKTober will be magic

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 89 16:24:36 PDT
Subject: oKTober will be magic
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

hi love-pups,

i would've written sooner, but my sides were still aching
from corey's tribute to bob dylan.  i'm taking up a collection this
month to send corey Bob Dylan Complete for christmas.  make your
contributions now!  if there's enough leftover, we can send him a
lifesize poster as well.

after corresponding with devoTed hounds from both the northwest and
east coast, it became clear that it's time to plan for the
ALBUM RELEASE KATE BASH.  it sounds like targeted cities so far are
boston and seattle, with a california site still to be determined.
i ofcourse, offer my humble abode for kate hysteria, but ied
mentioned something about hosting it in l.a. (any thoughts, andrew?).
carpools anyone?

other odds n' ends:  while listening to "the infant kiss",  i found
a particular phrase that piqued my interest.  while she is
without-a-doubt singing to a little boy, she sings, "ooh, he scares
me, there's a man behind those eyes".  in the song "the man with
the child in his eyes", the opposite concept is expressed.  i find
the boy/man integration to be a rather intriguing theme.  however,
i never would've thought about it much, without kate's unique lyrics.

ied, you're not a curmudgeon.  i've already leaked it to love-hounds
what a sainT you are.  jon drukman is a curmudgeon.

-tracy,
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com