Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Patti Smith/Peter Reich

From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 89 16:22:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Patti Smith/Peter Reich
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I just noticed the following in the notes on Patti Smith's _Horse's_ album:
>
>    "birdland was inspired by peter reich and huey smith"
>
>Does anyone know this story?  Have we talked about this already and I missed
>it?  Is this *our* Peter Reich?  And who is Huey Smith?  Any relation to
>Patti?

The only Huey Smith that comes to mind is RnB pianist Huey "Piano" Smith,
one of the RnB artist who paved the way for rock 'n' roll in the late 40s
& early 50s.  Best known for tunes like "Rockin' Pneumonia (and the Boogie
Woogie Flu)".  No relation to Patti Smith, or to Kate Bush for that matter.

Parenthetically, does anyone else have problems with duplicate messages?
I saw at least 4 instances of J. Drukman's last "Praise Kate" message.
Is our site just screwed up (we get this list as a Usenet newsgroup, btw)?

-- Stewart