Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Sugarcubes

From: Steve Schonberger <microsoft!stevesc@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 89 20:57:52 PDT
Subject: New Sugarcubes

Here's a little news to tide people over while waiting for Kate news...

I got a copy of the new Sugarcubes CD.  The full disc isn't out yet, but
I grabbed the four song teaser (full size 12 cm).  The four songs are:

	Regina (LP version)
	Hot Meat
	Hey (unavailable on LP)
	Regina (Icelandic unavailable on LP)

"Hot Meat" sounds like an alternate arrangement of "Coldsweat" and sounds
pretty rowdy and comical, occasionally even with a bizarre country tone
to it.  They don't say if it will be available on other recordings or not.

"Hey" isn't very intelligible.  I can't tell if it's in Icelandic or just
unclear English.  It's noisy and poppish.

"Regina" is a really nice song.  I think I like the Icelandic version
better even though I don't understand the language.  The rhythm seems
to flow better around those words.  The two versions are identical other
than the lyrics.  Even the vocals sound almost the same if you don't pay
attention to the language.

I don't know when the full album comes out.

--
	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
	"Working under pressure is the sugar that we crave"  -- A. Lamb