Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Sensual World" video.

From: Norvald Stol <stol%vax.elab.unit.uninett@nac.no>
Date: 18 Sep 89 10:06 +0100
Subject: "Sensual World" video.

MTV-Europe showed the video to "Sensual World" on friday 15, and at
least two more times during the weekend.

The video is very simple compared to what we are used to from KaTe,
but (IMHO) matches the song very well.

The main "activity" in the video is KaTe partly walking, partly dancing
through a forest (while singing, of course). She is the only living thing
in the video (except for the trees, that is). Her surroundings are
changing along the way. In the beginning its an "ordinary" forest, with
normal daylight. After a while she's dancing herself into a sunset (sunrise?).
Further along the way, the background turns into flames and her dance is
escalating into  a kind of witchdance (???). The weather-conditions in the
forest are not very healthy and changes from summer and good weather to
snow showers. The light is also changing along the way.

All in all a very KateBush-ish kind of video, though simple.

I LIKE IT VERY MUCH !!! No bad action to ruin the song!

For the song itself: She is whispering through it! Probably the right
thing for THIS song, but I hope she uses her great voice more on the
rest of the album.

Norvald.