Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED's pep TalK; need info for arTiKle

From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 89 12:09:54 -0400
Subject: IED's pep TalK; need info for arTiKle

	Thanks IED.  I think a few of us needed that.  I hadn't actually
thought about what a measly few dollars in postage could do for our collective
cause.  If anyone could post the addresses of a few central points of contact
(ie. CBS Records, MTV, etc), I'm sure at least a couple of us would spend the
25 cents to let them know how we feel about Kate.  I plan to contact the Post
(Washington) to see if they'll do a feature article on Kate & the new album.
I also plan to write an article for GWU's school newspaper.  Could I get
everyone to send me THE essential info which you think should go into such an
article.  I plan to have it printed in the issue following the album's release,
so I can at least get a rough review of the new album into the article.  I
have someone at the campus radio station watching out for a pre-release promo
copy in case one might show up.  I'd really like to see this album do
something in this country.  I'm getting tired of my favorite artists going
unnoticed.

PS.  I have all of the Love-Hounds issues from the past 1-2 years including
     the wonderful chronology that IED typed in.  I'd just like help honing
     that down to a 1/2 page article.  ThanKs & plenTy of KaTe musiK To all.

| Michael Lamoureux (lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org) |
| The MITRE Corporation, McLean VA  (703) 883-5370    |
"That particular problem is impossible to solve... how *did* you solve it?"
    -- The Doctor, "The War Games"