Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate in new york

From: Heather Elizabeth Stevens <hs1b+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 89 00:32:33 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: kate in new york

Hello my fellow Kate worshippers(is that word strong enough..?)-

>Next thing I know, I saw a video for some sort of environmental group
>doing a Live - Aid type song, and Kate was in it.  I only got a glimpse
>and a quick listen before someone change the channel on me, and I
>have heard nothing of it since.

	I am not positive of all the details, but I am quite sure that the song
in question was by an organization called Ferry Aid, which was put
together by a bunch of well-known English recording artists a few years
ago to raise funds for the survivors and families of the victims of a
ferry disaster in the U.K. somewhere.  Sorry my memory fails me but if
any of this can help you at all.. anyway, the song was a remake of `Let
It Be' by you-know-who, and Kate had one line near the end, which ends
in `Mother Mary comes to me'.  And that is really all I know.  I have
seen the single for sale in record stores that carry a lot of imported
singles, so I don't think it would be impossible to find at all.  And
Danny, you are not crazy or else I am too, and that would be very
curious indeed.
		`All yours..'  Heather:)