Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov (Usenet news admin)
Date: Mon Sep 11 17:40:03 1989

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: The Sensual World
Date: 12 Sep 89 00:40:02 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)
>
>Was I only dreaming, or did ed@das.UUCP (Edward Suranyi) actually say:

[I won't repeat my comments about EMI brass thinking the album "very
arty".]

>Didn't I read in this very space that Kate had switched to CBS Records?
>Ed, was this a typo on your part?  Or maybe on Melody Maker's?  Or
>perhaps Kate just wanted to show them what they were missing?
>
>Just what is going on here, anyway?
>
>-- Stewart

Others may answer this question too, but since I wrote the posting you are
questioning, I'll answer it.

Kate switched to CBS Records in America only.  (I.e., she is no longer
with EMI-America.)

She remains with EMI Records in Britain, and throughout the rest of the
world, as far as I know.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov