Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov (Usenet news admin)
Date: Sun Sep 10 21:23:36 1989

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: refleKTions
Date: 11 Sep 89 04:23:35 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
>
>welcome back to ed!  glad to see you're back where you clearly
>belong (posting to love-hounds).  i too, heard the top 105
>"modern rock" songs on live 105, and was pleased to hear 3
>songs in a row from KT (first experience of hearing *any* KT
>on the radio, for me).  i think all three were taken from
>_the whole story_, as the version of "wuthering heights" they
>played was that one with the different vocals (an older kate
>voice, where she really pronounces "Heath-Cliff").
>
>-tracy,
>uunet!sco!tracyr,
>tracyr@sco.com

Thanks, Tracy!  It sure is good to be back from New Mexico, where the
choice of radio stations is limited, to be sure.

Yes, the version of "Wuthering Heights" *always* played on KITS
("Live-105") is that from _The Whole Story_ (and I've heard that song
on that station about nine times now).  In fact, I only heard a KT song
clearly *not* from _TWS_ once.  That was when Steve Masters played "The
Big Sky".  I think that _TWS_ is the only album the station has; Mr.
Masters is the music director, so he's allowed to bring his own records
and play whatever he likes. (The music director chooses what music is
played on the station.)  The other KT songs I've heard on that station
are RUTH (about six times), "Hounds of Love" (about four times),
"Experiment IV" (about five times), and "Cloudbusting" (once).  I started
listening to this station last December (when I heard Mr. Masters play WH
and then call it one of his favorite songs of all time), so you can see
about how often they play KT.

Also, if you can pick up KFJC (89.7 FM) from Los Altos Hills, Tracy, you
should listen to "Holden Caulfield"'s show Mondays from 6 am to 10 am.
He's a big Kate fan, and plays her most weeks.  Every time I've
specifically requested her, he's played her.  I first found out about him
last March, and since then he's played "The Dreaming", "There Goes A
Tenner", "Burning Bridge", "Suspended in Gaffa", "Leave It Open", "All We
Ever Look For", "Ran Tan Waltz", "Wuthering Heights", and "Babooshka".

Incidentally, KITS was just named major market album/modern/oldies rock
station of the year by _Billboard_ magazine.  Steve Masters was named
music director of the year for the same category.

That's it for now.  More news later, maybe!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov