Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Tears For Fears

From: Jonathan Lisle Cohen <jc4n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 89 20:49:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: New Tears For Fears

I realize this band has its share of critics on this newsgroup, but I also know
that there those of us L-Hs who like 'em...

On Sept 26, the new Tears for Fears album is due to be released.  The first
single is already on the radio in some places (I heard it in, of all places,
Indianapolis, but have yet to hear it here in Pittsburgh).

It's a fun song, neat melodicly, and not quite as depressing as some of TFF's
earlier stuff.  I heard an interview with the band that they wanted to show
people that TFF could be fun too, not just pop-noise (which is what their last
album turned into IMHO).
I didn't catch the name of the new album, nor any rumors re: why it took so
long to come out with it (about 4 years by my count).  Anyone else heard?

Jonathan Cohen
jc4n@andrew.cmu.edu

"This one's for those whose minds are as healthy as their bodies..."