Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Man With The Attitude up his ***....

From: Pete Hartman <bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 89 17:22:20 -0500
Subject: Re: The Man With The Attitude up his ***....

Lazlo Nibble wrote:

>>> IED has a copy, so no doubt we will all be treated to an offer of postal
>>> distribution at cost sometime in the near future.
>>
>> If you are going to make a point, Tim, why don't you make one that
>> makes sense and is fair?  IED has never said that he planned on, or
>> would even consider, distributing material that is widely available
>> for sale.  That *would* be stealing money from Kate, and no one here
>> is condoning that.
>
>And distributing copies of privately-recorded demo tapes that she has
>EXPRESSLY STATED THAT SHE DOES NOT WANT DISTRIBUTED *isn't* stealing
>from her?  If not, then what the hell *is* stealing from her?  There's
>no moral high ground here, Doug . . . it's no different than if someone
>started passing around photocopies of her childhood diaries or tapes
>of her private phone calls or something; just because your intentions
>are good ("it helps us understand her better as an artist") doesn't
>make it *right*.

You certainly have a good point, lazlo.  The problem is, we're sick
of Maroney's self-righteous whining.  If he'd make reasoned statements
instead of outright attacks, his point might be better taken.  But
it's hard to be charitable to someone who consistently takes the
cheapest shots possible to make his point, whether the point is valid
or not.  (at least it sure looks that way in this group).  Whether
IED's alleged actions would be right or not, I'm much more inclined to
sympathize with him since he seems to go out of his way to avoid
outright attacks (except against |>oug :-).