Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cross-eyed Katie

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 89 15:40:52 -0500
Subject: Cross-eyed Katie

Having combed the cornfields of East-Central Illinois for any signs of
Katerphernalia, I finally chanced on a local record that had more than
just the Whole Story poster (and even this was scarce a while back).
To my instant glee, I discovered a whole rack of Kate Bush: Wuthering
Heights posters.  Without hesitation I plunked down whatever it cost
and snagged one.

So now, for some weeks, cross-eyed Katie has been staring at me as I
lie in bed, with that quizzical, miffed, 19-year old glare (her, not
me!).  My friends and I have scrutinized and rescrutinized this
portrait, and we remain lost in a state of awed enigma when it comes to
two penetrating mysteries:  One, what is that line in the leotard
(anyone who's seen the poster surely knows of what I speak)?  And two,
WHY IS KATIE CROSSEYED?  Is she doing this on purpose?  Are her eyes
weak?  Should she be wearing glasses?  Contacts?  All I know is that
she looks so different in this poster than on that Tammy Wynette TKI
cover, that I'd almost swear it was two different people.  Chameleon,
indeed.  And charming...

			        			.