Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 89 17:23:40 EDT
Subject: Katemas
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

The purpose of this message is just to thank Joe Turner for being a
gracious host for The Fourth Annual Boston Love-Hounds Katemas Party.
The turnout was much smaller this year than in previous years -- only
eight die-hard fans attended, but everyone (or at least me) had a
great time nonetheless.  We watched some rare Kate Bush videos that
just arrived in the mail.  No one knows where they came from, or what
the legal status of them is, but we asked no questions.  Of particular
interest were the unedited Night Flight interview (by a bunch of real
bozos, about an hour of Canadian TV interviews, and "Experiment IV" as
performed on the Wogan show.  Also, thanks to Jon Drukman, we lost
ourselves in the visual psychedelia of the Severed Heads.

Then Jon Drukman and Joe Turner performed a stunning rendition of
"Running Up That Hill" as it might have been performed by The
Residents.  Larry DeLuca did a moving performance of "Under The Ivy"
alone at the piano.

We then all went out (minus Larry, who had to leave) to The Hard Rock
Cafe to celebrate Katemas with a bit of food.  On return, we
temporarily joined the California celebration via the miracle of
modern telecomunication systems.  Later, at home, I also temporarily
joined the Washington celebration.

All in all, at the three simulataneous Katemas celebrations, we
must have had the best Katemas show of support yet.

July will be magic again,