Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: alt.maroney forgery

From: tim@toad.com (Tim Maroney)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 89 14:11:58 PDT
Subject: Re: alt.maroney forgery
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Some twerp has just said here that I created a newsgroup called
alt.maroney.  The newsgroup was created by a transparent forgery and
removed netwide the next day by a system administrator who immediately
recognized the forgery.  The forgery was discussed on both alt.config
and news.groups.  Given that the forged messages contained a number of
vehement insults against me, I cannot see how anyone with half a brain
could think that I posted them.

Sorry to let this spread onto Love-Hounds, but I do feel the need to
oppose these lies about me wherever they may happen.

"When errors are found in old research, the relevant theories are
 re-examined.  When facts contradict theory, theory gets dumped.  Is
 that why the NLP people are unwilling to research their facts?"
	-- Jerry Hollombe on sci.psychology