Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: more on Drukman and vitriol

From: William Tsun-Yuk Hsu <hsu@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 89 15:44:58 -0500
Subject: Re: more on Drukman and vitriol
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Really-From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)

>Love-Hounds used to be the
>bastion of crazyness and insanity, and now it's just too darn safe.
>So, do us both a favor and DON'T READ IT!

I don't. But who's going to keep you honest? :-)

More interesting female vocalists for Kate Bush fans: check out
Iva Bittova, neat Czech vocalist who can whoop and scream and
warble with the best. She plays a mean violin too (and sings at
the same time). Svatba, her first album with Pawel Fajt, was
one of my favorites of '88 (out on Recommended, available from
Wayside), with lots of neat East European folk music stylings.
Her new lp Dunaj is much more straightforward and rock-like.
She doesn't sing in English, in case that's important to you.

Bill