Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: more on Drukman and vitriol

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 2 Aug 89 03:30:17 GMT
Subject: Re: more on Drukman and vitriol
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

Yeah yeah, you're completely right.  Love-Hounds used to be the
bastion of crazyness and insanity, and now it's just too darn safe.
So, do us both a favor and DON'T READ IT!  The circumstances of wic
and hof's demise are an important lesson in censorship, but also in
the value of basic human relations, ie: knowing how far you can push
people before they lose their sense of humor and turn into complete
assholes.  I have been reminiscing through the love-hounds archives in
detail of late, and have concluded that the old days are gone and will
never return.  They had their bright spots, but who's to say that
there won't be more in the future.  I for one am on pins and needles
to see the new Kate album, precisely because it should definitely
inject some life into this list.

On a different note to anyone miraculously still reading, I hope you
all had a great Katemas and it was very nice getting to talk with
Tracy and IED out there in Santa Cruz.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |