Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katemas-California 89

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 2 Aug 89 03:38:49 GMT
Subject: Re: Katemas-California 89
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

In article <8908011626.AA16279@ide.com> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: ide!lofdahl@Sun.COM (Corey Lofdahl)
>
>"Like so many Americans, they were trying to create a life that made
>sense from things they found in gift shops".  From Max Headroom to
>Sylvester Stalone, from Jackie Collins to Harold Robbins, from Debbie
>Gibson to Tiffany, these people have experienced everything that American
>mass media has to offer.

Max Headroom is a British creation.  The original idea came from British
people with a script written by Britons and directed by them too.  Matt
Frewer who plays Max Headroom is Canadian.  See the original Max Headroom
story - it's absolutely brilliant and quintessentially BRITISH!  In fact,
I was completely depressed when they transformed Bryce Lynch from a
complete kneebiting snottynosed little English whelp into a basically
nice but nerdy American kid.

Nice letter, otherwise.  I'm glad you had a good time.  Praise be to
Kate to whom all things are due.

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |