Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

cover songs

From: tom@babel.math.ufl.EDU (Tom J Gillen)
Date: 20 Jul 89 02:16:35 GMT
Subject: cover songs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mathlab.math.ufl.EDU

For an absurd list I'm compiling for (and from) the Net, I would like to know of
any and all songs that Kate has covered, or songs of hers that others have
done.

The best part is that there are no criteria.  If someone did it, and someone
redid it, I want it.

Oh yes, I do know about the planned Kate Bush cover of Elton John's "Rocket Man"
and can get goosebumps just imagining it.

So if you would please take the time and post a few (I'll gladly take any other
covers you would like to mention---there's been amazingly few duplicates thus
far, and I do mean about only 30 out of a list >400), I'll do the collecting,
the sorting, and will post the final sum of all our efforts.

In advance, thank you.

tom.