Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heroine death (one last time, I promise)

From: tlh@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 19 Jul 89 14:49:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Heroine death (one last time, I promise)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8907182150.AA04903@hop.toad.com> tim@toad.COM (Tim Maroney) writes:
>Let's move on to something more concrete.  Like, for instance, at the
>end of THE WALL, does Pink die?

Actually, at the end of THE WALL, everything starts over again.  If you
listen very carfully to the last two seconds of the end of the second disk,
you will hear "Isn't this where.."  and then the first two seconds of the
first disk has "I came in?"  So looking at the loop objectively, I'd have
to say "No, Pink doesn't die.  He just gets caught in a time warp.  :-)"

Lee Hounshell