Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _Cathy_Demos_--the "official" view; and KT NEWS

From: gross@frith.egr.msu.edu (Steve Gross IEEE )
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 89 18:40:13 EDT
Subject: Re: _Cathy_Demos_--the "official" view; and KT NEWS
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    IED has  stated (I won't  bother to  formally refer to the  article, as I am
sure that the words are  floating before everyone's  respective faces, in 6-foot
letters of fire) that he will accept all scorn and ridicule heaped upon him as a
result of the obsKuriTies_2 project. I won't go so far as to ridicule him, but I
have a   question for  him that  I  think is  also of  interest  to the  general
Love-Hounds public:

        "If you cancel the tape project,  what will become of _your_ copy of THE
    TAPE?"

    That is, if _all_ copying of any form of the _Cathy_Demos_ is verboten, will
IED destroy  his and post  the ashes  to the net?  Or will he  continue his (not
quite) solitary  enjoyment of  said music? If  he chooses the  former, I will at
least applaud his self-consistency (at  the same time I mourn the non-arrival of
my own copy of the tape). If the  latter, I would expect the seven plagues to be
visited upon him in turn. Not that I wish him any ill will, but hypocrisy
irritates me.