Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hmmm ... I stumbled, and know not where.

From: butterworth@mscf.med.upenn.edu
Date: 7 Jul 89 16:08:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Hmmm ... I stumbled, and know not where.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <730@orbit.UUCP>, Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

> It seems that there are a LOT of Kate Bush fans, talking in KateBushfan-ese.
> I don't speak the lingo, and I wanna understand what's going on better.  I
> just discovered Kate Bush this last year (through my PeterGabriel fanaticism,
> I decided to finally check out this Kate Bush and see why he liked working
> with her), and really like her music.  I only have two albums (Lionheart and
> Hounds of Love, I prefer Hounds of Love), and am really interested in
> obtaining more...
>
>   What the heck is "Katemas"?

Hey, I'm with you, Jason ... but watch it, that should probably be "hey, i'm
wiTh you, jason" ... I thought I was a big KB fan (why, for starters, is it
KT all the time, and not KB?) until I "stumbled" upon love-hounds (from
which I never got a response) and then rec.music.gaffa.

So would someone give us amateurs a break and tell us what all this means?
I can probably figure out Katemas but the KT thing floors me and who started
all the lingo to begin with?  Is there a place where people can go to share
collective knowledge/information without pretension?  (I know, I'm asking
for it...)

internet: butterworth@a1.mscf.upenn.edu