Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Finding Love-Hounds

From: jim%BILPIN.UUCP@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed Jul 5 14:23:21 BST 1989
Subject: Finding Love-Hounds
Sender: jim%uucp.bilpin%bilpin%DOC.IMPERIAL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu

    #$ v_gaffa.4

    To promote the policy of using e-mail for correspondence not likely to
    be of general interest, rather than USENET, I would like to remind
    posters to 'moderated' newsgroups ( such as rec.music.gaffa ) that,
    because their postings do not go directly to the net, it is important to
    include in your .signature ( or somewhere ) an adequate path for e-mail
    correspondence, as the Really-From address of person@site may well not
    be enough, and the full path to your site is not usually retained on the
    posting. By 'adequate' I mean as far as a USENET backbone site, or a
    major educational / industrial / government establishment whose node
    name will be recognised by the major relay sites around the world. This
    is most especially important for correspondence between different
    countries. Thank you.
--
			   $JimG : Hatfield, England
		      Bikers keep on ... errm ... biking.