Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WARNING - 12" RUTH on RUTH

From: Norvald Stol <stol%vax.elab.unit.uninett@nac.no>
Date: 26 Jun 89 9:45 +0100
Subject: WARNING - 12" RUTH on RUTH

I found a version of the 12" RUTH on RUTH in a shop in Trondheim,
Norway on saturday. It looks exactly as the normal RUTH, but has
added the text "Running up that hill (12" version)" below
"Cloudbusting".

Being of a sceptical nature, combined with some previous experience
with nasty record companies, I wanted to check that it really contained
this extra track before buying it. IT DID NOT!!!! It contained 12 tracks
in the normal sequence, and was (as far as I can tell) exactly as the
normal RUTH. The salesperson claimed that the extra track info also was
engraved directly on the CD itself, but I must admit that I did not see
this for myself. I didn't think it through at the shop, but he could of
course be lying, to hide the fact that he had given the extra track
version to a person buying the normal version (by mistake, of course,
since the prices was identical).

He seemed trustworthy though, so I believed him.
Anyway, if you find this version of RUTH, and want to buy it just for
the extra track, make sure that it's really there!!

Norvald.

PS. If there had been a person from EMI in the record shop, I
f****** swear that I would have strangled him or her!!