Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: nbc@informatics.rutherford.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 89 14:29:19 BST
Subject: Q
Posted-Date: Mon, 26 Jun 89 14:29:19 BST

>From: "Steven Anderson" <sanderso@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu>
>Could someone please supply the address of the UK contemporary music
>magazine called "Q"?  I have heard that it is a better information
>source than the US based "Rolling Stone" or "Spin," so I would like to
>subscribe to it.

Don't know about the other Mags you mention, but I find Q useful as
a summary of what's around (LPs, Cds, films, classical recordings etc.)
Many of the interviews are with typical BOFS (like Rod Stewart and Elton
John) and they have NOT interviewd KB (so score minus several thousand
points for coolness). However, they do have some good bits of news and
small articles about less well known people. I also prefer to buy
something once a month rather than pick up one of the weekly mags which
often have nothing of interest. I guess one would have to say it is
aimed at yuppies or others with disposable income. They did do a nice
"flame-job" on Juby's book.

>I think some of you UK Love-hounds might be especially able to help me
>with this.  Any relevant information besides the address would be
>useful too, such as the price.

I think you should be able to buy this in the US. There is a US price of
$4.25 on the latest issue. However, for subscriptions:

Overseas subscription rates: Surface mail to Europe #25, Air Mail to Europe
#33, Australia #50, USA #46. Other Air Mail rates on request - write to Q
Subscriptions, Park House, 117 Park Road, Peterborough PE1 2TR (Tel. 0733
555161). (# = pound sterling)

>From: Norvald Stol <stol%vax.elab.unit.uninett@nac.no>
>Subject: WARNING - 12" RUTH on RUTH
                               I guess you mean HOL
>Anyway, if you find this version of RUTH, and want to buy it just for
>the extra track, make sure that it's really there!!

It's not - see my posting of 23 June 89.

Neil