Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KopyriTe

From: Richard Caley <rjc%edai.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 89 09:04:13 +0100
Subject: KopyriTe
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: ide!lofdahl@Sun.COM (Corey Lofdahl)

>3) We let Kate decide.

>I vote for alternative #3.

Ditto.

I don't give a damn for EMI's profits.

I can't really get worked up about whether KT doesn't get a few quid in
one of two ways.

I can get worked up about MS Bush retaining control of what she ( no
doubt wonderfully ) created.

And the copyrite arguments are silly.  She does not have to tell him to
cease and desist - she can give one time rights ( as far as I know )
and that is that. This assumes she still has copyright on this stuff,
maybe she hasn't and she is obliged to tell EMI who chase us.

I don't know. I doubt if anyone here does. Once again.

	      * LET THE LADY DECIDE! *

It's hers.  No one else has the right.  Including EMI - no matter what
sort of contraxct they have her in.

( ps has my money gotten there yet? Huh? has the customs swallowed it? )