Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY"

From: Michael Portuesi <mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 89 13:37:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY"

> Excerpts from ext.in.love-hounds: 23-Jun-89 Re: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE
> .. Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (1564)

>  This looks like the Rushdie issue. "He doesn't like Kate! Death to
> the infidel!"

In this case, the issue is not that someone does not like Kate's work,
but that instead of offering genuine criticism and reasons for dislike,
statments like "She's not even good looking" are offered.

I like Kate Bush a lot, but I know people who can't stand her and have
valid reasons for doing so.  I don't take it personally when people
disagree with my tastes and opinions, but I do get upset when they offer
worthless statements without any thought behind them.

			--M

--
Michael Portuesi * Carnegie Mellon University
INTERNET: mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu * BITNET: mp1u+@andrew