Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KB

From: Michael Portuesi <mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 89 13:25:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: KB

> Excerpts from ext.in.love-hounds: 22-Jun-89 Re: KB
> Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (809)

> Really-From: Todd Keenan Bowman <tb0o+@andrew.cmu.edu>

> Dave,

> 	Would you also be against criticizing a movie you disliked on the
> rec.arts.movies bboard?

There is a difference between criticizing an artist's work and calling
it garbage.  You opted for the latter, hardly a constructive or
worthwhile thing to do.

> 	How about saying you dislike a new wave group in rec.music new-wave?

So you dislike a particular artist.  Big deal.  If you can't give some
reasonable, intelligent explanations of *why* you don't like that
artist, you've merely been wasting keystrokes.

> 	Is this bboard a discussion forum relating to Kate Bush and other
> similar groups or is it just a place where mindless fans can worship a
> musical artist?  I'm very glad YOU love Kate Bush.  I just happened to
> be unimpressed by her music and videos,  and was wondering how other
> people thought about her videos.

Funny, you didn't ask other people what they thought.  You merely said
stuff like

> Excerpts from ext.in.love-hounds: 21-Jun-89 Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE
> STORY" Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (989)

> I found nearly all of the
> videos to be plain boring.   I can't understand why she has such a large
> cult following.   She isn't even good looking.

and

> Excerpts from ext.in.love-hounds: 21-Jun-89 Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE
> STORY" Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (989)

> Even with these few bright spots,  I still don't understand why so many
> people seem to blindly worship her.  Oh well.

> Your asking me not to
> post anything critical of her is ludicrous

But you haven't been critical of her yet.  You've merely been insulting
and offensive.

> .  Are you a supporter of the
> censors that are trying to take away many of our basic freedoms?

No, but I am a supporter of the use of intelligence when making net-wide
posts.

--
Michael Portuesi * Carnegie Mellon University
INTERNET: mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu * BITNET: mp1u+@andrew