Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Whole Story Video

From: claris!wombat@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Scott Lindsey)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 89 00:56:52 PDT
Subject: The Whole Story Video

Well, to throw a bit of goodheartedness into the fray of late (the KopyrighT
KonTroversy).  I finally had the time/effort/money/VCR/etc to watch The Whole
Story video.  "A splendid time is guaranteed for all!"  I was intrigued by
the beginning of "The Man with the Child in his Eyes" with the added vocal
dub "He's here..."  and seeing several of Her videos for the first time...
Wow.  Following along with the cover to the album, I was incredibly pleased
to hear/see/experience "The Big Sky" after "Babooshka" (not being on the album.
I think the most interesting/unexpected was "Breathing."  The giant bubble,
et caetra was most unexpected and involving.  All told, I give it a 9.5/10
(allowing for the slightly cheesy production style of some of the earlier
stuff).  I think I need to own a copy of this tape.  To anyone who hasn't
seen this tape yet, do so.  It's well worth the time & money (yes, us
American's, always obsessed with the money ;-)

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or dead.