Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The One True God (was: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY")

From: tlh@PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: 22 Jun 89 20:05:49 GMT
Subject: The One True God (was: Kate Bush's "THE WHOLE STORY")
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <4Yc0WKy00Xod86CERA@andrew.cmu.edu> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Todd Keenan Bowman <tb0o+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>
>	I recently saw Kate Bush's "The Whole Story" videotape.   Not being too
>familiar with her music I was willing to give it a try.  All in all I
>would have to say I was turned off by the whole mess.   Her voice was
>annoying as hell in the Wuthering Heights and Army Dreamers ( though I
>did like the effect with her eyes ) videos.  I found nearly all of the
>videos to be plain boring.   I can't understand why she has such a large
>cult following.   She isn't even good looking.   Everyone says what a
>great dancer she is,  buy I thought she looked like a cross between
>clumsy and ridiculous.
>
>	On the bright side I admit to liking the songs "Running up that Hill"
>and "Experiment IV".  Also the videos for both were very well done.  ( I
>even liked her dancing in Running up that Hill )
>Even with these few bright spots,  I still don't understand why so many
>people seem to blindly worship her.  Oh well.

Blindly??? are you suggesting that we grovel before a stone diety??!!!

Todd, perchance this will enlighten you..

In The beginning, There was only The musiK of KaTe, buT few Knew of iTs
exisKTence, and fewer sTill undersTood The beauTy of her message.  And for
The few, much pondering was given To This and how her message mighT be
shared.  And from this a greaT plan was KreaTed, and This plan worKTed
Thusly..

On The firsT day, man KreaTed The NET.  And Then afTer much labor, man
looKed down aT his KreaTion and said unTo himself, "This is good, buT
alone iTs exisKTence serves no purpose for KaTe."  And so iT was ThaT
on The seKond day, man labored again and placed inTo his NET many groups.
And he allowed for These groups To range and feed from many far away
lands so ThaT TogeTher They mighT form The Tree of all Knowledge.  And
aT The end of The second day, man looKed down on his KreaTions and said
"IT is good, buT This sTill does noT serve KaTe." And so iT was.  Then,
on The morning of The Third day, man seT unTo himself The TasK of finishing
The NET by KreaTing and molding unTo iT a greaT paTch fashioned from The
rib of one of The men.  And a man Kalled IED gave This paTch unTo The NET
and he named iT.  And iT was Kalled "reK.musiK.gaffa."  And KaTe looKed down
on This newesT KreaTion and saw ThaT iT was good.  And on The evening of
ThaT day, There was much rejoicing, for here man Kould have a place To
refleKT on all ThaT was pure and good and beauTiful.  And so iT was.

Then, on The morning of The fourTh day, one of The men who had noT been
paying much aTTenTion To all ThaT was pure and good and beauTiful looKed
down and said unTo The NET "whaT is all This?"  And The oTher men saw iT
and spaKe unTo him, "This is a place To worship all ThaT is pure and good
and beauTiful.  This is an alTer for KaTe Bush."  And The man looKed aT
Them and said "KaTe who?", for he did noT yeT undersTand.  And The oThers
TooK iT upon Themselves To Teach This man so ThaT he mayesT also Know of
The joys and wonders of all ThaT is pure and good and beauTiful.  And The
man lisTened, buT he was slow and aKusTomed To oTher Things.  And The man
Kould noT undersTand The joys and wonders of all ThaT is pure and good and
beauTiful.  And on The evening of The fourTh day, The man slepT lisTlessly,
for even afTer much encouragemenT, he sTill Kould noT see.  And The oTher
men looKed down on This man and said unTo him while he slepT, "He will
learn, for he is sTill jusT a flegling To The Knowledge of The joys and
wonders of all ThaT is pure and good and beauTiful."  And so iT was.  Then
on The morning of The fifTh day, The man awoKe and his eyes were opened.
And he saw and undersTood.  And The man said unTo himself, "WOW!  man, This
musiK is ToTally awesome!"  And on The fifTh day, The man seT himself The
TasK of learning more of The joys and wonders of all ThaT is pure and good
and beauTiful.  So he spaKe unTo The NET and said, "show me more."  And
The oTher men saw This and They said unTo Themselves, "IT is good."  And
on The fifTh day, much email was senT unTo The man Telling him again of
The joys and wonders of all ThaT is pure and good and beauTiful.  So The
man lisTened, and wondered aT all ThaT was said unTo him.  And The man,
in his desire To learn more, Traveled afar and boughT all of The KaTe Bush
musiK he Kould find.  And he lisTened To iT all, buT again he Kould noT
undersTand, even Though he ached for more of all ThaT is pure and good
and beauTiful.  And on The evening of The fifTh day, The man again slepT
lisTlessly, for he sTill Kould noT see and ThoughT himself To be blind.
BuT on The morning of The sixTh day, The man's eyes were again opened.
And on ThaT day he undersTood and he rejoiced.  The man Told many of his
friends of The joys and wonders of all ThaT is pure and good and beauTiful
so ThaT They mayesT also share Them. And many of Them ThoughT him To be
Krazy.  BuT he did noT Kare.  And The man subsKribed To "reK.musiK.gaffa"
and wondered ThaT he Kould have been so blind before.  And Then, The man
made This posTing so ThaT he mighT ThanK The NET and oTher men for helping
him To see.  And on The sevenTh day, The men resTed.  And on ThaT day they
lisTened again and wondered aT The greaTness of The musiK of This KaTe Bush..
BuT Then, on The evening of The sevenTh day, The KreaTor of This place for
KaTe, IED, began To quesTion The worTh of iT's exisKTence and This worried
The men, for many had learned much here and some did noT have easy aKcess
To The arKives..

--
Lee Hounshell