Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> Really-From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
> This still does not address the question of why over 100 people rushed
> to get a copy of _obsKuriTies 1_.  More then 100 people found the
> means to BUY a blank cassette and mail it to someone, including return
> postage.  Exactly what is the difference between BUYing a tape, and
> mailing it to someone in order to get a copy of _obsKuriTies 1_, and
> sending CASH to IED in order for him to pay for the blank tape and the
> copying?

I think a lot of the rush was people being able just type 'r' (or whatever
your news/mail program likes) and ask to get on the list.  Without moving
from the keyboard.  [Fragment intentional.]  The mailing of tapes came later,
after being committed to doing so.  Here, the first step is actually putting
everything together & mailing it to IED.  I know the reason I haven't sent
my money off is that very reason.  That little money for Kate's music is
inconsequential.  The hold up is finding  packing materials, getting to the
post office etc.  So it goes.

--
Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"