Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: "Steven Anderson" <sanderso@cs.umn.edu>
Date: 8 Jun 89 06:25:54 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU

From: sanderso@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Steven Anderson)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: MisK.
Date: 8 Jun 89 06:25:54 GMT

In article <129*manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
>[...]
>On a similar note, is it true that Kate sampled the sound of the heli-
>copter from Pink Floyd's _The_Wall_ and used it in _The_Dreaming_?

Quoting from the insert of my HoL CD after the lyrics to "Waking the
Witch": "Helicopter by kind permission of Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'"

>And, speaking of _The_Dreaming_, I was rather suprised to find the the
>insert in the compaKT disc contained nothing more than the list of tracks
>on the disk.  Is this the same as the album?  And are the lyrics included
>in any of Kate's albums? (as opposed to the CDs)

Sorry to hear your TD CD doesn't have an insert with lyrics.  I have a
UK version (a CD) which has lyrics to all the songs and recording
info, too.  Especially interesting is the comment, "This album was
made to be played loud."

Speaking of which, why does KT offer a thanks to Terry Gilliam in the
CD insert of HoL (assuming this is the "Monty Python" Terry Gilliam)?
--
-Steve Anderson
INTERNET: sanderso@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu           UUCP: uunet!umn-cs!sanderso