Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 7 Jun 89 20:50 -0700
Subject: Re: MisK.

In article <8906072045.AA01580@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> IED writes:
>Also, she has used other people's stuff in the
>past, too, without actual copyright permission (the BBC speech
>about A-bombs in _Breathing_, the chorale in _Hello_Earth_).

I thought the speech in _Breathing_ was also re-done in the studio
for copyright reasons...

On a similar note, is it true that Kate sampled the sound of the heli-
copter from Pink Floyd's _The_Wall_ and used it in _The_Dreaming_?

And, speaking of _The_Dreaming_, I was rather suprised to find the the
insert in the compaKT disc contained nothing more than the list of tracks
on the disk.  Is this the same as the album?  And are the lyrics included
in any of Kate's albums? (as opposed to the CDs)

Does anyone know whether the Lyrics Server has lyrics from any or all of
Kate's albums?  (Has anyone actually successfully retrieved lryics from
the server recently??)

Actually, sometimes I think it's better *not* to have the lyrics.
As frustrating as it is not to know exactly what Kate is singing right
away, it's wonderful when I suddenly hear and understand what she's saying
and the song's meaning suddenly becomes that much clearer!  (Right now
I'm working on _Pull_Out_the_Pin_.  I can't believe how much I missed!!!)
---
Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
{att!alberta,uw-beaver,uunet}!ubc-cs!ubc-ugly!manderso
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., Canada