Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: munnari!fgp.hcru.uq.oz.au!andy@uunet.UU.NET (The Wubba Wubba Mon)
Date: 31 May 89 23:50:08 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: fgp.hcru.uq.OZ

From: andy@fgp.hcru.uq.OZ (The Wubba Wubba Mon)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Some basic questions for the Rabid L-H's
Date: 31 May 89 23:50:07 GMT

Just a couple of *qik* questions...

At the start of the track "Hounds Of Love" can be heard the lines
	"It's in the trees" .... "It's coming"

  They sound like thay've been `sampled' from somewhere, and the distinct
break between the two phrases just adds to this suspicion. Is this the
case?  Are they from a movie perhaps? ["Hound of the Baskervilles maybe?]
They seem to fit in very well with the lyrics. Were the lyrics written
with it in mind?  Or were the ``samples'' produced afterwards?
Did Paul really die in a car crash in 1967? How long are two pieces of
string? Has anyone else noticed that there is a nine letter gap between
KT and PG? - and AJ ? [that's me!!]

  Why is KaTe referred to as KT instead of KB??

  And JUST WHY did Andrew Marvick choose IED0DXM as a LOGIN NAME?????
To annoy his PhD supervisor?  And what's he {damn, I really should use the
fourth person here, shouldn't I?} doing it in?

  I've only been reading this group for about a year and a half, and
haven't seen thse questions raised before. My apologies if these have
been raised before etc etc etc..... 			8-)

  And that fellow in the "Cloudbusting" video, he looks just like that......

						andy
Andrew M. Jones, Systems Programmer, 	ACSnet: andy@fgp.hcru.uq.oz
c/o French Dept,  Univ. of Qld, 	Work Phone: (07) 377 2075
Brisbane, Qld. AUSTRALIA. 4067 		O/S Phone:  +61 7 377 2075

"No matter what hits the fan, it's never distributed evenly....."