Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

colourbox: the next generation

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sun, 14 May 89 19:21:43 EDT
Subject: colourbox: the next generation

Many people have asked about Colourbox, and if they are ever going
to do anything new.  Well, I don't know about the brothers Young, who
were the guiding musical force, but part-time vocalist Lorita Grahame
will be appearing shortly on a record by Love Child Orchestra.  LCO
is a studio project put together by Pascal Gabriel (aka Emilio Pasquez)
who is best known for producing/writing Bomb The Bass and S'Express hits,
as well as remixing many artists (including Bryan Ferry, Aztec Camera and
Ofra Haza).  Here's what he has to say:

"The first single is a lover's hip hop version of Led Zeppelin's
 Whole Lotta Love sung by Lorita Grahame who worked with the underrated
 Colourbox on Baby I Love You So.  I'm also using Beverly Skeets, a top
 session singer with the likes of Queen and Boy George, who has a Tina
 Turner type voice.... I really like gutsy funk singers who can scream it
 out, although Lorita's voice is sweet, soft and melodic."

Information obtained from OffBEAT magazine, number 8, page 12.

 !   !\             BITNET: jsd@umass
\!on !/rukman      ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
There was a young man from Peru / Whose limericks stopped at line two.