Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

B L I S S !

From: jw@math.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 12 May 89 16:46:53 EDT
Subject: B L I S S !

On Tuesday afternoon I am going to crawl into my room and experience
ecstasy for three hours. Reason: two recordings I have been waiting
for for the better part of a year are being released on the same day.
The first is the new 10,000 Maniacs disc; the second is the Strauss
_Elektra_ recorded live at Symphony Hall, Boston with Hildegard
Behrens, Christa Ludwig and Nadine Secunde. I was sitting in the fourth
row during one of the recording sessions, and this is going tobe
great!

Now I did have two comments apropros of love-hounds, although I'm
damned if I can remember one of them. The other is that the pound
is not worth $2.00 and has not been for some time. Reckon on about
$1.60; the daily figures are listed under "foreign exchange" in
most newspapers.

Julian