Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu
Date: Fri, 12 May 89 19:49:33 CDT
Posted-Date: Fri, 12 May 89 19:49:33 CDT

From: steve@halley.UUCP (Steve Williams)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: NEW ALBULMS
Date: 13 May 89 00:48:34 GMT

In a recent article edkan%CONNCOLL.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu writes:

>HEY FOLKS, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME NEW KATE BUSH-ISH TYPE MUSIC. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
>ANY ANSWER WOULD BE APRRECIATED.

There is no such thing as "BUSH-ISH TYPE MUSIC."
It either is or it isn't.  Accept no substitutes.

There are other musics that appeal to Love-Hounds (see the current request
for submissions of favored alternate performers), but that doesn't
make them "BUSH-ISH", as any true Love-Hound would be the first to admit.
All other musics merely exist as something to fill the gaps.

(By the way  to adams@bosco.berkeley.edu -- my mailer hasn't the foggiest
idea how to reach you, and after the group-wide shame of the Cathy Demos
stampede [which I participated in], I'm reluctant to post my list-o-faves
to the group at large. Could you provide any better return address?)

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve