Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: garth!hal@unix.sri.com (Hal Broome)
Date: 9 May 89 22:37:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8904220003.AA01466@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: adams%bosco.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Jeffrey P. Adams)
>
>> I had forgotten that Fripp married Toyah...  The mind staggers.
>> I'll have to hear them when they come by.
>
>What?  Fripp married Toyah?!?!?
>When did this happen?
>Why didn't I hear about it?

Check out rec.music.misc; a recent posting was a review of their Paris
debut act of "Sunday All Over the World," which is apparently what they
call their act now:  (this from memory, admittedly weak) Fripp on guitar,
Toyah singing, and a bass player (unidentified, probably a local crafty
guitarist).  Reviewer said that it sounded like a Toyah album with Fripp
on guitar (I suppose that meant poppy songs instead of experimental?).

hal