Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I.R.S. Records

From: Brian Patrick Arnold <ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 May 89 15:59:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: I.R.S. Records

Um, I don't think that's why REM got a real Warner Bros. contract.  I.R.S.,
or International Record Synicate, has some pretty profitable groups, more
so in europe.  Are you sure IRS isn't a British record company simply
having their records marketed and distributed by Warner?  I dare someone
on this net to summarize how record companies are supposed to be structured,
both nationally and internationally, but I digress...

Windham Hill is an "Indie" but their stuff is marketed and distributed by
A&M Records *and* Nu-Age music is quite profitable these days.  Just to give
you an analogy of how I don't understand records and record companies.