Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dare we hope?

From: steiner@topaz.rutgers.edu (Dave Steiner)
Date: 9 May 89 19:53:42 GMT
Subject: Dare we hope?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just read the following in an interview with Fish (ex-Marillion) in
the latest Kerrang! magazine (a British HM mag).  They are talking
about when Fish's solo album would come out and is it important to get
it out before Marillion's new one and when it would naturally come
out (probably ready in Sept).  Fish says:

   "I've been talking with the guys at EMI today, and basically what
 they've said is, 'You can go out on tour in September if you want -
 but do you realise you'll be going out against Kate Bush, David Bowie,
 Heart, Cliff Richard and Tina Turner?'
   "So naturally, they're saying that if I wait and go out in January,
 I'll have a clearer run at it.  [...]"

Make of it what you want.  To me that's a very good sign.

ds