Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag trivia

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 05 May 89 11:35 PDT
Subject: Mailbag trivia

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

 Ken Stuart writes:
 >      And a bonus for Love-Hounds (amazingly missed by pv04+) is
 >that there is a nice sized picture of Kate Bush.  I think he missed it
 >because it is in... the classical music section.  She's clutching a
 >fab British classical violinist named Kennedy (the actual subject of
 >the article).

     IED doesn't know about pv04+, but IED didn't miss it. Phil
Verdieck, incidentally, already reported on the Peter Gabriel
piece in _Q_ a while ago, and IED owes his ownership of that issue
(with its photo of Kate and N. Kennedy) to another early report
by a Love-Hound whose name IED regrets escapes him at present.
Many thanks. Also, Kate is _not_ "clutching" Kennedy in the photo.
Rather, she is _being_clutched_by_ Kennedy, and (as usual) heroically
maintaining her composure. It's a nice photo, though a bit blurry.
     An inquiry was made about the photo's date: it is from Kate's last
appearance at the BPI's, in 1987. No reason to assume otherwise,
since Kate is dressed exactly as she was for the '87 BPIs and had already
worked with Kennedy by that time, on both the _X4_ recording and the
_Wogan_Show_ lip-synch for it.

-- Andrew Marvick
   P.S.: For Peter Gabriel fans out there, IED thought you should
know that the original soundtrack music from _Last_Temptation_of_Christ_
is available already, on the black market. IED heard a copy of it on
cassette last weekend at a SoCal record swapmeet. The sound was quite
good, and was from music masters, not taken from the film itself. Each
of the twelve or so tracks had their own titles, and the cassette
was rather well packaged in white with black print. IED does _not_
own a copy of this, however, as it was rather expensive. However,
it's out there, so hound your shady dealers for copies. Note this is
_not_ _Passion_, but some collection of tracks which must at one time
have been edited and planned for release as the actual "official"
soundtrack album for the movie.