Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: peter gabriel's new album

From: Michael Portuesi <mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 89 23:47:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: peter gabriel's new album

> Excerpts from ext.in.love-hounds: 4-May-89 Re: peter gabriel's new album
> Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (2441)

> However, in order to tour with the new album, they then needed a
> drummer and they hired none other than Bill Bruford.  The result was
> great, instrumentally speaking, and one of the British concerts became
> a video.  It was shown on USA cable channel a few months back ("Night
> Flight" I believe) and probably will be shown there again.

Unfortunately, the USA network cancelled "Night Flight" a few months
back, coincidentally right before I got cable TV installed in my
apartment.  "Night Flight" was usually very good for showing rare videos
and footage from a number of interesting artists.  I still have a really
good Bryan Ferry special on tape and I had been looking forward to
collecting more specials from other artists.

They replaced "Night Flight" with a string of B-movies like "Sorority
Babes Battle the Pinheads from Mars."

--
Michael Portuesi * Information Technology Center * Carnegie Mellon
University