Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: peter gabriel's new album

From: arc!ken@apple.com (Ken Stuart)
Date: Thu, 4 May 89 18:50:58 PDT
Subject: Re: peter gabriel's new album
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

	If you are a Peter Gabriel fan, I definitely recommend the May
issue of Q magazine (one of the best magazines around IMHO - a British
music magazine; if anyone requests it I will post the address in case
you can't find imported magazines where you live) that was alluded to
by pv04+ .  PG is on the cover, and the first pages of the article are
festooned with a huge picture of his fabulous new studio, which is
surrounded by giant picture windows.  Other details of the article are
in pv04+'s posting, except I will say that anyone who thinks great
artists are perfect gods should read the account of his failed
marriage (i.e. he's just as confused and messed up as you and I).

	And a bonus for Love-Hounds (amazingly missed by pv04+) is
that there is a nice sized picture of Kate Bush.  I think he missed it
because it is in... the classical music section.  She's clutching a
fab British classical violinist named Kennedy (the actual subject of
the article).

	With all the postings concerning King Crimson and Genesis
videos, I thought I'd let you know about one that is sort-of-both.
When PG left Genesis, they auditioned vocalists and didn't like any of
them, so Phil did the vocals (which he learned from PG, to a degree).
However, in order to tour with the new album, they then needed a
drummer and they hired none other than Bill Bruford.  The result was
great, instrumentally speaking, and one of the British concerts became
a video.  It was shown on USA cable channel a few months back ("Night
Flight" I believe) and probably will be shown there again.  The dual
drumming is as good as I remembered it.  Highly recommended for
Genesis fans of either period.  I'll look up the name, for your
reference, but it is not very descriptive (something like "Genesis in
Concert" or "Genesis 1976 Tour") [I "time-shifted" it.]
--
                                      - Ken
Reply to : apple!arc!ken         \ Disclaimer: All the above is solely