Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Media Starr, Sarah McLachlan, Danielle Dax, etc.

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 89 20:13:09 EST
Subject: Media Starr, Sarah McLachlan, Danielle Dax, etc.
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> Sarah McLachlan is currently touring Canada.  Last Saturday evening at
> le Spectrum de Montreal she started with My Lagan Love (!), sung a
> capella.

Does anyone know which version of the lyrics for "My Lagan Love" she
is singing?  Is she using the lyrics from Kate's version, or more
traditional lyrics?

I just picked up a rather strange comic book today called *Media
Starr*.  This is the premier issue and is on the Innovation label.  I
haven't had time to read it yet, but I have browzed through it.  The
cover is a painting of Kate Bush and there is also a drawing of Kate
on the inside back cover.  The comic has absolutely nothing to do with
Kate Bush, however, nor does she even appear to be mentioned in it.
The title of the first episode is "Starless and Bible Black", but I
can see no direct relation to King Crimson either.  The comic is about
the adventures of a female kick boxer named Nancy Starr.  I might
understand the cover being a painting of Kate Bush is the Starr
coincidentally happened to look a lot like Kate Bush, but Starr
doesn't look anything like Kate Bush, so the matter is still a mystery
to me.  The artist who did the cover is different than the artist who
did the comic art -- perhaps the cover artists is just an incouragable
KB fan....

Last night I was leafing through the most recent issue of *Pulse!*,
Tower Record's free rag.  There is an article in it on Danielle Dax.
Some interesting tidbits:  Dax's earlier concerts were very theatrical
and arty, but for her previous tour (the one I saw), she used a
straight ahead rock 'n roll band.  She says that for her current tour,
she is going back to her earlier, more dramatic style.  Does anyone
have any news on her tour?  When is she going to hit Boston (or NY)???
Another interesting tidbit: The Lemon Kittens used to perform nude
(covered with body paint) in strip clubs.  Yow!  Why wasn't I there?

Now, regarding IED's detailed critique of my interview with Kate...
I'd like to thank IED for his constructive criticism, but I assure him
it is entirely unnecessary.  Why bother, when I will be the first to
admit it was a highly botched affair?  I had never interviewed someone
before -- much less an idol.  I had all these questions written down
on little index cards, and it was all I could do to read the cards and
try to avoid wetting my pants or fainting.  All higher level brain
function was inoperative during the interview.  All I can say is that
it was me that got to make myself a fool in front of Kate Bush for
half an hour and not you...  NYAH, NYAH!

I also find it amusing and ironic that IED continually lambasts my
bizarre theories as the product of a derranged mind, while presenting
his own ridiculous theories as objective fact.  Many of my derranged
theories were not, in fact, developed by me alone.  Some of them
(particularly the theories about "Get Out of my House") came about by
consent through group discussion in this very mailing list by me and
several other big KB fans that were around at the time this mailing
list was formed.  (I think I will provide some more early Love-Hounds
history sometime soon.)  I guess we are all bozos on this bus.