Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT News (trivia)

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 89 13:56 PDT
Subject: KT News (trivia)

     First, IED wants to thank some of you Love-Hounds for your
very kind thankyou notes to him re the tape project. They were
much appreciated, esp. considering the gross miscalculations IED
made in attempting to carry out his distribution plan. Special thanks
to Andrew Elliott and Jim Smith. With luck, next time a true "two-tier"
VHS HiFi project can be undertaken when enough new demo material
warrants it.
     NEWS FLASH: IED just this second received a big package from Sidg-
wick & Jackson (publishers of Kerry Juby's bio of Kate). It contained a
letter from Karen Hurrell (editor of the book) and two big thick new
S & J hardbacks: one about Hitler's last weeks, and the other a
massive biography of Paul McCartney (why they chose these IEDdoesn't
know, but he appreciates the gesture nonetheless).
     The letter was in response to a very, very long letter IED sent
to them about three weeks ago, which detailed over eighty errors that
he objected to in Juby's book. Here's Hurrell's reply:

April 24, 1989

Dear Mr. Marvick,
     Thank you for your letter of April 5, 1989 which I received
this morning. I am most impressed by the detail you have gone into
and am extremely grateful for your comments and advice.
     I can appreciate your points about damage done to Kate's
reputation, and the very obvious need for an accurate, authoritative
book in a crowded marketplace of 'defective' Kate Bush books.
It certainly was not our intention to add to this category, and
we will make every effort to take into consideration (and production)
your suggested changes. The next revised edition will probably
be in paperback format and I have sent a copy of these corrections
to the editor at Headline, who will be publishing the book in
massmarket paperback. This publisher was, incidentally, the same one
to publish our PETER GABRIEL biography and they have an excellent
reputation in the publishing world. I am sure they will take your
comments very seriously.
     Again, thank you for your time and obvious hard work. It is
greatly appreciated. I enclose two books which I hope you enjoy.
     I will be in touch to let you know the 'state of play'.
     With best wishes,
                           Yours sincerely,

Karen Hurrell

-- Andrew Marvick